It’s that strange time of year where conversations shift towards autumn and the enchantment of all things pumpkin, even as the thermometer registers temperatures persisting in the high 80s, and occasionally even touching the 90s. We find ourselves not fully prepared to bid adieu to summer—no need to hasten the transition just yet! Embrace the final days of summer by incorporating the following events and activities into your plans over the upcoming weeks:
- Shop the Greeley Farmers’ Market: Enjoy the local produce, crafts, and food at the Greeley Farmers’ Market. It’s a great way to support local vendors and experience the community atmosphere.
- Enjoy Live Music Outdoors: Don’t miss your chance to check out Greeley’s signature Friday Fest. This is a free weekly, family-friendly “block party” all summer long. Come to downtown Greeley any Friday night through September 15th and enjoy live music, great restaurants, and a festival atmosphere.
- Plunge into Poudre Ponds: The Poudre Ponds are a serene oasis nestled within Greeley, offering a tranquil escape with shimmering waters, lush greenery, and opportunities for paddle boarding, fishing, picnicking, and nature appreciation. Explore the diverse wildlife and unwind in this hidden gem of natural beauty.
- Hit the Trails: Explore the numerous biking and hiking trails in and around Greeley. It’s a wonderful way to enjoy the natural beauty of the area and get some exercise.
- Pack a Picnic: Pack a picnic and head to one of Greeley’s parks for a relaxing day outdoors. Bring along some outdoor games or a book for added enjoyment.
- Sip, Savor, and Discover: Embark on a flavorful journey through Greeley’s craft beer scene, where every sip tells a unique tale of local craftsmanship. From hop-forward ales to rich stouts, the city’s breweries offer a diverse palette of flavors to explore. Whether you’re a seasoned beer enthusiast or new to the world of craft brews, Greeley’s vibrant beer culture invites you to savor each pour while soaking in the laid-back ambiance that accompanies these establishments.
- Unlock Your Creativity: Stimulate your taste buds and enjoy dishes prepared by local chefs at the AgriCulture Feast on August 24th. Or put on your walking shoes and check out a few outdoor sculptures at Historic Lincoln Park, then travel down the “Art Alleyway” between 8th Street and 9th Street, and finish with a stroll by Greeley’s Uptown Tree “grove” on 8th Avenue.
- Step into History: If you’re interested in history or culture, consider visiting Greeley’s local museums to learn more about the region’s past and heritage.
- Make a Splash: Designed to feel like an archeological dig site, check out Discovery Bay Water Park in Greeley, a popular destination for families in the summer. It has a large pool, a zero-depth area, a 243-foot slide, a lazy river, and a splash pad.
- Indulge in Frozen Treats: Whether you’re craving a scoop of nostalgia or a daring fusion of flavors, cool off from the heat with one of Greeley’s ice cream shops and indulge in a delightful array of frozen treats that cater to every palate.
Remember to check local event calendars, community websites, and social media platforms for the most current information about events and activities happening in Greeley during the final days of summer. We can’t wait to see the ways you soak up the final days of summer! Be sure to tag us in your summer adventures by using @visitgreeley or #VisitGreeley for a chance to be featured.